DRESSING STONES / SHARPENING STONES
Dressing stones are used for both, dressing diamond grinding wheels and CBN grinding wheels and also for dressing conventional grinding wheels.
Diamond grinding wheels, CBN grinding wheels and drill bits require a sharpening process after longer usage periods. This sharpening process removes the blunt diamond grains and brings out the underlying grains. The sharpening process takes place at working speed. Our sharpening stones are adapted to this working method. A wet application is advantageous for those CBN and diamond tools that are only used wet. These should also be sharpened wet in any case.
HOW DO THE DIFFERENT DRESSING STONES DIFFER?
The diamond and CBN grinding wheels are sharpened using a soft sharpening stone by “opening” the bond and exposing new CBN or diamond grain tips. The diamond and CBN grinding wheels are sharpened using a soft sharpening stone by “opening” the bond and exposing new CBN or diamond grain tips.
The advantages of our dressing stones:
- low heat development due to vitrified bonding
- low attack of the diamonds (due to splintering aluminium oxide)
- can be used dry or wet
- individually tailored specification for the various bonds of your tools
We differentiate our dressing tools into dressing stones, regenerator stones, cleaning stones and dressing rings or grinding rings:
- Dressing stones for sharpening the diamond grinding wheel with stationary sharpening stones (or slowly rotating sharpening wheels) to release diamond grit
- Regenerator stones for regenerating diamond discs and drill bits with stationary regenerator stones (protects the diamonds when resetting the bond and “comma formation” in the diamond disc topography)
- Cleaning stones for cleaning fine diamond discs (metal or resin bond) with stationary cleaning stones for removing deposits on the diamond disc surface
- Dressing rings or grinding rings for the regeneration of diamond grinding wheels and CBN grinding wheels in double grinding machines.